I just realized we only have 19 days left in Georgia and my head exploded. There’s no time to write coherent posts with all the stuff we have to do, so here’s some random updates:
1. Silicone caulk is the devil. We spent a good 5 hours removing it from around the shower so we could clean it and recaulk for the renters.
2. Someone else made an offer on the house we wanted in Maryland and the seller accepted Now we’re looking for a new house.
3. I got a job offer in DC!
4. We ate pizza for dinner four of the last six days. (Two nights of those were homemade and not entirely bad health wise. The other two days were Mellow Mushroom – terrible for you, but so so delicious.)
5. The hockey fan in me is loving that the Stanley Cup playoffs are still going on. The Kings fan in me gets a little more nervous the longer it drags out.
6. My brother and one of my sisters will be here in 17 days! They’re going to help us move and play tourist for a bit. I’m so excited to see them
7. We’re still trying to find a renter. If you know anyone heading to Fort Gordon and looking for a house, send ‘em my way!
8. As if getting our house ready to rent, moving a few states away, and starting a new job weren’t enough, I decided to resubmit for the next Navy Reserve board (I’m a glutton for punishment). So two weeks after we move up to DC, I get to drive back down to Atlanta for interviews. And then coordinate my package with my recruiter in South Carolina via email, phone, and fax. Fun times!
And now I need to go bake some cookies and go to sleep.